Thursday 21 February 2013

#FITFAMFEB How are you keeping your family and friends involved in your Healthy Lifestyle??

Myself and the #mompowerteam have dedicated February to #fitfamfeb. Our goal is to spend the month encouraging our direct family members, and "friend" family members to jump on board with the healthy lifestyles that we are creating for ourselves!! :)

We have been posting pics online of families exercising and eating healthy together. Seeing others participating shows how much fun it can be!! If you want to participate, include the hashtag #mompowerteam and #fitfamfeb, so we can see your pics as well!!! :) Here is the pic I took of me and my daughter trying to do chinups in the basement!! :) I couldn't complete one with the added 15lbs on my back, but instead I worked on trying to hold myself in position as long as I could!!! LOL Pushups were easy and fun...I think my daughter was confused at what we were doing more than enjoying it, but if you start them young it can't be bad!! HAHA



What do you do to keep your family active??

Here is another pic of my family on Vacation! We took the weekend off from the gym, but that didn't mean that we didn't stay active! Here we are on a hike, enjoying the scenery and fresh air in Palm Springs! Not to mention LOTS OF SHOPPING!!! New runners to invigorate my workouts when we get home??? I say "YES PLEASE!!!"



Do you participate in a bookclub?? I'm hosting this month, and this was my idea to get my "friends" family interested in Clean Eating and Working out!!! (Not to mention, giving me time to catch up on the future readings;) Instead of choosing a novel, I instructed everyone to read a fitness magazine and come to bookclub ready to discuss one healthy habit they learned!! :) We always do a food theme...because who are we kidding, bookclubs aren't about reading, they are about friends and FOOD!!! Everyone this month will be bringing a recipe found in the magazines :) YAY, I will be able to eat the majority of the food at bookclub!! FINALLY! HAHA

 
So far, this is how I've embraced #fitfamfeb!!! I encourage you all to jump on board...there's nothing better than having a happy, healthy family!!! Making small changes and keeping it fun is the key!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment