Monday 29 April 2013

3 Weeks Out!

Last week went REALLY well. I still don't notice the changes in pictures, but I definitely see changes in the mirror. I weigh in on Monday, and by Friday I had already lost 1.6Lbs. The my diet was 6 meals a day..a small amount of carbs in my first three meals (I workout in the morning) and only veggies with my protein for my last three meals. One evening meal had avacado added, and my morning oatmeal had a TBSP of coconut oil. Veggies consisted of cucumber, asparagus and spinach. I replaced chicken with white fish and flank steak. My calories have also been increased to 1750/day. By Friday, I had lost enough.  I've also been in a deficit for a LONG LONG time, so I had a great cheat meal Saturday night! :) Hubby, baby and I went to our favorite all you can eat sushi restaurant for dinner. My husband was pretty happy about this. He's SUPER supportive of my goals, but it has sucked for him that I won't go out to eat as frequently :) We used to do that ALL THE TIME!! In addition to all of these changes, I started adding cardio to my regime, and my knees are actually feeling OK!!! I did three bootcamps, and 2 Steady state cardio sessions for the week. It's nice to sweat again, even though I HATE cardio. LOL



I've been working hard on posing. My Bikini T-Walk posing is looking good, but I have to work on ENERGY!! I think it will be better with music, so I'm trying to track down what songs they are going to be using....no response yet. For fun, and extra experience on stage, I've been debating all along to enter the fitness model category as well. I'm having a lot of trouble learning how to flex and do their manadory poses though!! Just last night, I FINALLY figured out how to get my lats to flex....but now I have to do it without a mirror. To me, it doesn't feel any different, so I may be on stage, not flexed at all, and not even know it! HAHA....This entry is still up in the air.

I DID pick up my suit this week! It looks great in my opinion, still a little snug. I can get alterations at anytime though, which is the great part about hiring a local suit maker. All I had asked her was that my abnormally long bum crack be covered, and that my c-section scar be covered. I was a little worried that it may look funny but the bottoms are perfect and everything is covered! Maybe at the beginning of PEAK WEEK, I'll give you a sneak peak ;) It's nothing crazy! Simple and feminine. I may bling it up myself for my next competition.

As for next week, it's simple! I'm sticking to the plan! :) Here are my pics from this week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie: I am Kathia and I had to come here and post because I found on your FB Page that you are preparing to compete!! It is so close! I really wanted to see how you were doing it because I started a program with coaches in order to prepare to compete here in Florida and maybe do it at a different level later on. It will be my first competition and although there are so many pages about health and fitness, there are not too many about "first competitions". My workout program includes cardio, which like you, I hate. I workout at night so for me is hard to fit in the regular weightlifting program and then add the cardio that I am required to do but I am doing it and since I started 10 days ago, I am experiencing some results so I know it works. I will keep coming back to read your blog and learn more about your upcoming comp. Wishing you the best and keep pushing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far out are you from competition?? I only added cardio for the last 4-5 weeks. Try not to burn yourself out too quickly! ;) I hear ya, I always find working out at night a chore!! That's when I've been doing my cardio, I can't get it all done before my childcare limit is up during the day! I hope you get some encouragement from my page! One thing I have learnt through this process though, is pick a process and stick with it!! If you've hired a coach, try not to listen to too many other people.....it will just get too confusing since everyone seems to have their own process :) I WISH I could have afforded a coach...maybe I would have seen some better results....but at the same time, I've enjoyed doing all the research, and I like to have control over EVERYTHING! HAHA, Most are the opposite, and just want a plan to follow! I'm stubborn! LOL

    ReplyDelete