Sunday 30 December 2012

What is a Vision Board and do you have one!!!?


I'm a goal setter, and I have always liked to journal my progress!! It seems like everytime I take a break from writing things down for me to see, is when I fall of the wagon and forget where I'm wanting to be! Just recently going through boxes I came across journals from as far back as 1998!! YIKES!!! It's so interesting to see how your thoughts change over the years, and how what I ate changed with the fads....low carb, low cal, a few meals a day, many meals a day...One thing that has never changed is that I have ALWAYS been focused on diet and exercise...and to a fault in my highschool years...maybe I'll tell you more about that one day ;)

ANYWAY, most of my journals have little clippings glued in of recipes and models that I aspire to work toward, diet and exercise advice from magazines etc. About a year and a half ago, I decided to take some of those clippings as well as cutting out more and make myself a vision board!! I wanted my aspirations to be up front and centre so I could see them on a daily basis and keep my motivation going strong!!!

HOW DO YOU MAKE ONE?-Get some poster board, and magazine clippings to motivate you and paste away!!! Put it up somewhere you will see it everyday!

I'm thinking of revamping my vision board and starting over for the new year...to document #myjourney!! This is the new focus of the #mompowerteam in January!

My last vision board has a lot of babies on it (we were wanting to have a baby pretty badly at the time without quick success so if was first and foremost on my mind ) We focused on it, took the steps we needed to to make it happen, and now we have our beautiful daughter!! :)

I also hved pictures of holidays on it, which we took (luckily we were able to combine my working trips with some great trips to Mexico so it didn't cost an arm and a leg!)

My dream car is there (a Toyota Tacoma...I know, not much of a DREAM car, but I've always wanted one) Over the time I've had the vision board, I've saved enough to afford one, but with the baby here, my priorities with money have changed. I need to stockpile a little more before I'll take that jump....expecially with gas prices now adays!!

My vision board also has a picture of Alicia Marie (a fitness model) that I've been saving for YEARS!!! I've never really applied myself as much as needed to even make it close to getting on stage, so this is going to be my FOCUS this year! Along with quality time with my family, and a couple of trips. The first one is to Palm Springs this month....and then maybe the WBFF in Vegas in August??? (Just to watch ;) I'm also going to focus on promoting my social media pages, ie(facebook, my blog, and try to figure out the rest, HAHA) Maybe even start a youtube channel to document my journey to the stage???? (help deal with my fear of being centre of attention LOL ) Maybe that would help others who are trying to train on their own :)

TWITTER-@competitionlean
Pinterest-smackid
Instagram-smackid
Facebook-www.facebook.com/OperationCompetitionLean

ANYWAY!! That's enough babble, my point is, having your goals up front and centre and seeing them everyday makes you more likely to achieve them!!! With the power of positive thinking, and the constant reminder of what you want, NOTHING can stop you!!! Want to join me in planning your own journey for 2013 by making a vision board??!!

3 comments:

  1. It's incredible to see how you've accomplished what you envisioned. With a baby on your hip you'll hit the stage this year! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica!! These are things that I've wanted for so long, and I'm FINALLY commiting to them :) Who knows where I can go from here now that I'm focused ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been browsing online greater than three hours today, but I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It is lovely value sufficient for me.
    Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the net will likely be much more helpful than ever before.



    Here is my web page: mouse click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete