Sunday 23 March 2014

10 Weeks Out of UFE Vengence in Calgary

WOW,  has it EVER been a long time since I've blogged!! I find it easy to talk talk talk when it comes to competition prep. Seriously, everyday is a new challenge and experience. The off season though, it pretty darned boring! I was finding it really hard to think of anything good to say! HAHA

During my time off I've started an AWESOME 60 day challenge with my Sisters in Shape.




The first group through is just finishing up, and it went AMAZING!! What a great group! :) Many are continuing on with us for more amazing workouts, meal planning, education and support on making health part of your everyday lifestyle!!! If you want to check out the details, head on over here :)    

OPERATIONLEAN



I've spent November till now DESPERATELY trying to put on some muscle for this next competition in May. The judges notes from my last competition stated that I could use more size in my shoulders and legs, to make the appearance of a smaller waist. I KNEW I needed a smaller waist! I always struggle with that area. Since it was a much shorter timeline that I would have liked, I did a fairly aggressive building phase, and had to let go of staying lean!! Wow, do I ever have a hard time with this phase!!! I like being lean, hence my blog name ;)

This was in NO WAY an unhealthy REBOUND that you hear of with fitness competitors. It was planned and controlled. I had a lofty goal of putting on 7 Lbs of muscle, and I've already put on more than 8!!! YAY....this is the time that I wish THIS photo wasn't accurate....HAHA,



Do you think 8 lbs over my whole body will look ANY different?? I'm thinking not really, but I HOPE SO!!! I've been working REALLY hard, and even though I was able to eat a tonne of food, it was all still very clean! I didn't throw in the towel and eat junk.....

So, I'm now starting my lean out phase and have started a carb cycle. Low days are 1700 calories and high days are 1900...my days off are 2000 or 2400 depending on how I feel. If I feel like my workouts are getting weaker, I take in 2400 and HIGH Carb. If my workouts are feeling strong, I do 2000 calories and Low Carb. I have also added a couple of 10 minute HITT sessions and one 20 minute HIIT session with longer rest periods of course, otherwise there's NO WAY I'd be able to compete 20 minutes of HIIT! HAHA

My pictures at this point of prep compared to last prep are looking pretty soft, which kinda psyches me out!! HAHA, but I looked like a stick on stage last time, so maybe it'll be better if I don't get quite as lean this time! LOL And geeze I still have 10 weeks! I know now, that for me LOSING is the easy part...putting on muscle is my new challenge for sure!!!

Here are the progress pics!!! AHHHH, be gentle! ;) I swear I'm chubbier this week than I was last! HAHA, but the callipers say otherwise! Bring on the FUN, I love the lean out phase...other than cardio ;) Man, I can't wait to get my tan on! (sorry I forgot to pull the curtain, kinda distracting!)





2 comments:

  1. Can you give me some examples of what you eat? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay on this!!! I didn't see the message!!!, If you go to the link "what I eat" I give basically my everyday food!! :)

    ReplyDelete