Wednesday 6 March 2013

My Incredible Experience with Iridology

Today was my Iridology appointment, and I was soooooo looking forward to learning what it's all about. I wasn't going because I had any concerns about my health, but I DO believe in Natural Medicine, and everyone can make improvements in their health right??

I met a WONDERFUL Korean lady who owned a healthfood store I went into randomly one day about a month ago. (found out she's going on 70, and I thought that she was MAYBE 50) I went in looking for a good fish oil, and left inspired! I could have talked to her all day about totally random health topics. As we were talking she mentioned a few stories she had thru her practice of iridology. Iridologists believe they can use the charts to distinguish between healthy systems and organs in the body and those that are overactive, inflamed, or distressed. Iridologists believe this information demonstrates a patient's susceptibility towards certain illnesses, reflects past medical problems, or predicts later health problems. I'm so interested in practices like this that I'd thought of it MANY times since meeting her. I finally made an appointment after discussing it with my mom, who offered to pay for a session :) I believe this lady WANTS you to be healthy, as the $ 120 session fee is waived if you follow her advice...now on to my experience.



She started by explaining the practice to me, and showing me many examples of differen't eyes and what certain colors and "designs" shall we say, meant. Did you know that ALL eyes are either Brown or Blue?? Splotches, area's of discoloration, straiations, etc, all mean something!! After this she put a tiny magnifying glass up to my eyes, one at a time with a flashlight, and just started spewing information!! I WISH I HAD BROUGHT A TAPE RECORDER!!!! The first 10 minutes were so dead on with my personality and minor problems that I have been experiencing! Problems that seem miniscule right now, but as my body fights with them, would have become worse and worse, and would start to affect my body in different ways. Apparently I've been born with extremely good genetics for fighting ailments, which has helped...or not, depending on how you look at it I guess! ;)
She was such a wealth of knowledge, on why certain things happen, how it affects other systems and how to rectify the problems naturally!

Without going into too much detail ( I don't want to bore you) I'm basically very acidic, and don't produce enough digestive enzymes. She suggested diet changes to help with my bodies acidity and I'll be taking a digestive enzyme (which I'd been planning to do for the longest time, but just never got around to it!) These changes should help with my excema as well. I also have quite a bit of yeast in my system and an underperforming thyroid. The thyroid, if you knew me well, explains a lot of what I've struggled with the past few years!! I'm SO EXCITED to start making the changes that she suggested. YES, I did end up spending just as much as the appointment would have cost....but I really have a good feeling about this.  I'm looking forward to having more energy, a thyroid that works (weight maintenance will be a lot easier) and having a darned POOP everyday! HAHAHAHA

All in all, she said that I was pretty healthy. These are just things that if I clean up now, I'll feel good a whole lot longer, my body has just been doing a good job trying to fight the inbalance so far! This was an amazing experience, and I would HIGHLY recommend it over going to a DR., who can't really diagnose anything until you're already feeling symptoms enough to go get checked out and you're already sick! This is like seeing into the future and rectifying problems before they happen!! I know, I know, it sounds like a lot of Hocus Pocus....the same thing most people thought when I saw a naturopath several years ago....but I'M A BELIEVER!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment